- I'm Visiting
- Getting Here
- Local Business
- Our History
- Things to See & Do
- Visitor Tips
- Health & Safety
- I Live Here
- Getting Started
- Local Business
- Parents & Kids
- Your Region
- Working in Kalgoorlie
- On Business
- Conference Facilities
- Corporate Visitor Information
- Working Here
- Corporate Events
You are here
I Live Here
The largest inland City in Western Australia, Kalgoorlie Boulder is a place unlike any other. Starting out as every pioneers dream - the twin towns of Kalgoorlie and Boulder are where many a man and woman came to make their fortune. Today, Kalgoorlie Boulder is still a vibrant mining town, and due to its central inland location is positioned as the heart of the goldfields and the major gateway through to Australia’s Eastern borders.
Home to about 32,000, the average age of our residents is 30 with a ratio of 52% men to 48% women. A young, family oriented and multicultural community that has 7.5% aboriginal and 5% New Zealand citizens.
Living in Kalgoorlie Boulder has a lot to offer. It is safe, centrally located, has a good education system and healthcare facilities, modern infrastructure and wonderful sense of community that is reflective of the ‘can do’ attitude of our mining forefathers. The sun shines almost every day and the lifestyle is relaxed and friendly – it will not take you long to acclimatise to the warmth of the city and its people.
Join the local social media discussions through facebook and twitter to keep up to date on the City's news and events, as well as connect with other locals or visitors to the region.
Like Kalgoorlie Boulder Pure Gold's Facebook Page
Follow Kalgoorlie Boulder Pure Gold on Twitter: Pure_Gold_Kal
Kalgoorlie Boulder boasts many major features, that attract people to both live and visit our great City.
- The KCGM Super Pit - the largest open pit mine in Australia
- Mining – interest / participation in the mining industry, both past and present is very strong
- History and Heritage – architecture, history of the mining industry, and family links to the region
- Arts, Leisure and Culture – Kalgoorlie Boulder is the central hub for regional WA
- Shopping, Food & Nightlife – Kalgoorlie Boulder offers a diverse range, of historical pubs and hotels
- Parks, Bushland & Leisure Trails - The Kalgoorlie landscape is breathtaking and easily accessable
- Diggers and Dealers – Australia’s largest international mining forum
- Discover the Round - a week long celebration of the Kalgoorlie Boulder Race Round